Fedora23 - TC9: it's not possible install vlc and ffmpeg

Dario Lesca d.lesca at solinos.it
Sun Oct 18 20:37:50 UTC 2015

It's not possible to test Fedora 23 Workstation without rpmfusion
repository, because, for example, many of user multimedia file is not
playable (mp3, avi, ecc).

And now, rpmfusion it's not yet ready for f23, not even rawhide.

I have must manually modify rpmfusion*repo to point it on f22 rpmfusion
version to install some useful apps, like vlc or ffmpeg, but it's not
the same thing.

I believe F23 cannot release without a valid test of rpmfusion package,
rpmfusion must ready some time before Fedora release for test many
useful package.

Yes, I know, rpmfusio is independent from Fedora, but IMHO Fedora It is
closely linked to rpmfusion, without it it's not a usable distro.

Or I'm wrong?

Many thanks for your attention.

--
Dario Lesca
(inviato dal mio Linux Fedora 22 con Gnome 3.16)