F23 status update

Adam Williamson adamwill at fedoraproject.org
Wed Oct 28 06:25:14 UTC 2015

On Mon, 2015-10-26 at 22:18 -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
> Hi folks! Just a quick update on F23. We found a couple of blockers
> in
> 32-bit KDE stuff over the weekend. RC4 is spinning now, with fixes,
> and
> should be done in a few hours. I'll try and make sure someone's
> around
> to create the release pages and send out an announcement when it's
> ready.
>
> There's only one non-KDE change, to gnome-software, so most of the
> RC3
> test results can be transferred over - I'll take care of that later.
> We
> should prioritize tests that haven't been done with RC3 yet, and KDE
> tests.

Updating again (and Evolution, srsly, what is wrong with your line
wraps):

I messed up testing on one of the blocker fixes, so we had to fire
another RC. RC6 is spinning right now. The good news again is the
change is minimal, so most testing for RC3 and RC5 will still be valid.
Again, we should prioritize:

* Things not tested in RC3
* KDE testing
* GNOME Software

and adding another couple:

* abrt
* ssh

since we added a couple more FE fixes. I'll spend a bit of time
transferring RC3 and RC5 results to the RC6 tables tomorrow, and then
we can try and fill in any gaps. Sorry for the mix-up!