Call for testing: 64-bit AMD CPU Users

Stephen Gallagher sgallagh at redhat.com
Wed Sep 16 23:27:21 UTC 2015

Splitting this from the 32-bit thread so it doesn't get overlooked.
Sorry for the double-post.

One additional request: it's unclear right now (and we don't have
available hardware to test) if there is also a failure happening on 64-
bit AMD systems that are running on i686 Fedora.

If someone out there has access to hardware that hits BZ #1263762,
would you please try installing Fedora 22 i686, updating to all the
latest stable packages, plus dnf-plugin-system-upgrade from updates-
testing and then do an upgrade using the supported mechanism[1] and
verify whether A) the upgrade runs or aborts, leaving F22 present and
B) if it completes the upgrade, is the system bootable and runnable.

This will help us figure out how serious to rate this issue. (For new
installs, we can probably advocate simply using the 64-bit media; for
existing installs, irrecoverably breaking on upgrade could be a show-
stopper).

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DNF_system_upgrade