[Fedora-trans-zh_tw] Bug Report: Fedora 9 x86_64 doesn't support Chinese Input Methods

Hung-Hsuan Yu kublai.khan at seed.net.tw
Mon May 26 06:55:58 UTC 2008

Dear All Members:

The newly released Fedora 9 x86_64 doesn't natively support Chinese
Input Methods. If you install this version of Fedora Linux and erase
previous versions, you will not get Chinese input supports; but, if you
upgrade it from Fedora 8 x86_64, all of the Chinese Input Methods are
retained.

Upgrading to Fedora 9 x86_64 from previous versions could result in
serious software conflicts. So far, my upgrading task is totally failed.
I have to reluctantly install Fedora 9 x86_64 in my PC as a new OS but I
may not have Chinese Input supports since this version seems not to
natively support these methods.

The big bug needs to be fixed, however.

Sincerely;

Hung-Hsuan Yu (Taipei, Taiwan)