QA test for L10N

Noriko Mizumoto noriko at redhat.com
Wed Feb 17 04:28:54 UTC 2010

Domingo Becker さんは書きました:
> 2010/1/7 James Laska <jlaska at redhat.com>:
>> The QA team doesn't provide/build the compose images, that is a service
>> provided by release engineering.
>> Looking at the dates you mention, the
>> current F-13 QA schedule [2] shows that F-13-Alpha will be available for
>> translation testing at that time.
>
> Don't ask translators to build a live image from rawhide.
> Based on my own experience, it will go wrong.
> I was never able to make a 'Live CD from rawhide' work. Something
> always goes wrong when booting.
> It seems that development people starts from an early installer and
> uses the update system since then.
>
> But if we use the Alpha compose to test, and our corrections and
> improvements will be present in Alpha 2 or Beta compose to check once
> more, that's ok and may work well.
> We will need that packagers pay attention to our commits to their repositories.

'Compose alpha candidates' date is 2010-2-18, while 'String freeze' date
is 2010-02-16. Alpha composed this timing may not contain most of
new/updated translation strings for review and correction, no?

>> Additionally, there are nightly
>> rawhide live images available [3] if testing against more recent updates
>> is desired.
>>

> If these nightly rawhide live images work, it would be good.
> But packagers would have to pay attention to our commits in order to
> rebuild their packages with newer translations as soon as possible.

It is said that having a 'nightly-composes of 5-Mar-2010' image
available for certain period is possible [1]. Someone can give a hand on
this?

[1]:https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-test-list/2010-January/msg00019.html

noriko