Fedora's Transifex testing instance - help needed

Thomas Canniot thomas.canniot at mrtomlinux.org
Mon Feb 22 17:22:53 UTC 2010

Le Mon, 22 Feb 2010 14:12:10 +1000,
Noriko Mizumoto <noriko at redhat.com> a écrit :

> Some test result.
> Since the results seem not consistent to me between 19-Feb and 22-Feb
> (the action passed on 19-Feb but same action failed on 22-Feb)
> suspecting infra maintenance, bugs have not been filed for [Failed]
> result on purpose. Let me know if it is needed.
>
> [Passed]
> 1P. Downloaded and uploaded ja-JP/Author_Group.po successful. Stat
> has been updated immediately. (19-Feb)
>
> 2P. Edited (online translation) and submitted ja-JP/Book_Info.po.
> Stat has been updated immediately. (19-Feb)
>
> [Failed]
> 1F. Downloaded and uploaded ja-JP/Xen_Compatibility.po. Got error
> message with no stat change. But after some time, stat has been
> updated with the file which got error message. (22-Feb)
> "Sorry, your file could not be sent because of an error."
>
> 2F. Downloaded and uploaded ja-JP/Windows_2008_Installation.po. Got
> success message. But stat has not been updated. (22-Feb)
> "Flie Submitted Successfully:ja-JP/Windows_2008_Installation.po"
>
> 3F. Edited (online translation) and submitted
> ja-JP/Windows_2008_Installation.po to overwrite 2F successfully. Stat
> has been updated immediately. (22-Feb)
> File submitted successfully: ja-JP/Windows_2008_Installation.po
>
> [Others]
> 1O. After submission it goes to:
> https://translate.stg.fedoraproject.org/projects/p/publican/c/virt-guide-localhost/
> It would be nice if it goes back to the file list:
> https://translate.stg.fedoraproject.org/projects/p/publican/c/virt-guide-localhost/l/ja-JP
> * Ticket created, http://trac.transifex.org/ticket/513
>
> 2O. 'Edit' feature missing for some files.
> ja-JP/Block_Devices.po, ja-JP/Reference_virsh.po,
> ja-JP/Reference_virt-manager.po, ja-JP/Remote_Management.po and
> ja-JP/Tips_and_Tricks.po
>
> 3O. Clicked 'Add a new translation' and added new file for jp-JP as
> new language. This action added one file in the project, but do not
> create rest set of files magically. How to add a full set of files
> for new language?
> * Ticket created, http://trac.transifex.org/ticket/514

When doin online translation, it seems that if you simply copy and
paste the source string, the translation is said to be committed
successfully but only the string that are different from the original
string are kept.

Can someone confirm that bug ? I had it with :
fr-FR/Author_Group.po
fr-FR/Best_Practices.po

Thomas