anaconda translations and branches

Piotr Drąg piotrdrag at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 20:06:15 UTC 2010

W dniu 11.01.2010 20:40, Miloš Komarčević pisze:
> Don't think stopping commits to branches globally is a good idea. Why
> would one be disallowed from making changes to an older branch in
> order to correct and/or improve translations of a still supported
> program version?

The point here is that anaconda is special. Older branches are not
really used anymore after creation. So any work pushed to them will be
wasted time.

> Also, e.g. system-config-printer translations have in the past always
> been done on a branch, even during the development cycle (i.e. before
> rawhide freezes).

s-c-printer uses different development model than anaconda. We can work
on master branch (which will be F13) until F13 is released, and then
master is being switched to to-be-F14, and we are working on that next
release.

I hope you can understand what I'm trying to say. I'm still working on
my English skills. ;)

--
Piotr Drąg
http://raven.pmail.pl