translate.fedoraproject.org cannot find any catalogue

Piotr Drąg piotrdrag at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 18:46:06 UTC 2010

2010/11/10 Yuri Chornoivan <yurchor at ukr.net>:
> написане Wed, 10 Nov 2010 19:30:26 +0200, Petr Pisar <ppisar at redhat.com>:
>> On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 06:46:34PM +0200, Yuri Chornoivan wrote:
>>> Fedora Transifex is almost completely broken. Please use webgit to
>>> download catalogues:
>>>
>>> http://git.fedorahosted.org/git?p=fedora-web.git;a=blob_plain;f=fedoraproject.org/po/cs.po;hb=HEAD
>>>
>> And pushes? I got an complain from public about a typo on main web page,
>> thus
>> I wanted to fix it.
>
> Pushes work... sometimes (if you have enough patience).

I've cleaned this particular module's cache and it should work for now.

Something is broken though and we need someone knowing Tx to look into
this. Modules are not refreshing for weeks, there are HTTP Errors 408
and Page not founds everywhere, submitting rarely works. Maybe it
hasn't got enough resources or something, I don't know, I'm not a
developer nor a sysadmin.

It would also be just awesome if we could update to 0.9.2 release [1],
but it appears no one have time and knowledge to do this, since it's
harder then updating the packages [2]. I know upstream developers are
very busy. I just wish they could find some time for us to guide us
through it. But for this to happen, we need to update Transifex
packages in Fedora and EPEL first. Domingo, do you need any help to
push the updates?

[1] This bugfix release for 0.9.x series will be released soon. I
don't think 1.0 is an option for now, fo several reasons: it's a
massive workflow change, we need at least 0.9.1 deployed first either
way, and 1.0 has some problems on its own (even tx.net has not been
ported yet).

[2] https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/2285

--
Piotr Drąg