When is the next FLP meeting?

Runa Bhattacharjee runab at redhat.com
Tue Oct 19 08:28:58 UTC 2010

shaiton wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 8:43 AM, noriko <noriko at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> -1 for me I am sure that many translators won't be able to join it. Ok, there
>  are not so many translators reading the L10n irc chan, and not so many
> reading that, am sure. The question is probably first "who want to attends
> this meeting?". All that could be done at a meeting time, could be done on
> the mailing list. The mailing list is where the more translators could
> interact. We just need to take care of the thread. Therefore, for me, there
> should be one thread by important subject.

In the past, the FLP has been having IRC meetings to discuss on various topics.
The discussions from mailing-lists were taken onto the IRC for quick resolution
or new topics initiated in the meetings were further carried on in the mailing
list. Besides, it was also a good opportunity for quite a few of the FLP members
to get together. Not just to discuss burning issues, but also to build
camaraderie in the group.

The meetings were never officially abandoned but somehow did not seem to happen
regularly due to many reasons. The meeting page and the logs still exist on the
Fedora wiki[1]. Given the geographical dispersion of the FLP member base, it was
always expected settling on a suitable time was near impossible. Hence, after
much deliberation on the mailing list meetings were scheduled on two different
time slots to accommodate the timezones with majority of the volunteers.

The meetings have always been helpful in the past, and it would be good to see them
revived again.

Thanks
Runa

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/L10N_Meetings