When is the next FLP meeting?

shaiton shaiton at fedoraproject.org
Wed Oct 20 09:26:10 UTC 2010

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 11:00 AM, Piotr Drąg <piotrdrag at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2010/10/19 shaiton <shaiton at fedoraproject.org>:
>>  * At least one for "Do we need to upgrade to Transifex 1.0 or should
>> we first upgrade to Tx 0.9.1?" (This thread would concern the infra.)
>> I won't start it because I can't understand the need of upgrading only
>> to tx 0.9 for the trans side.
>>

> I can think of at least one valid reason to refrain from upgrading to
> 1.0: it's a massive change in our current workflow, and furthermore,
> it would cause change in package maintainers workflow. 0.9.1 seems
> like a safe step for this moment, not mentioning that upgrade to 0.9.1
> is required before we can move to 1.0 [1].
>
> [1] http://help.transifex.net/technical/releases/1.0.html#migration
>
> --
> Piotr Drąg
> http://raven.pmail.pl/

Sure, I've read that.
But the question is, will it be better to use Transifex 1.x than 0.9.1
at the end?
If not, we should just stop using transifex and coming back using
git... Why? Just because Transifex 0.9 will be out of date (yeah, I am
thinking of future, but Fedora is innovation concerned.) [1] don't
afraid me. What about you guys?

Using strings management system instead of file looks really great.

I understand that we have to think before acting. We just need to
agree between translators, packagers and infra about transifex 1.0.
But first, what about translators?
What do you think guys? That's why I spoke about an other thread, we
are quite off-topic here ;-).

[1] http://help.transifex.net/user-guide/one-dot-zero.html#how-does-this-affect-you

--
Kévin Raymond