libguestfs now has two pot files (was: Re: Advice sought for translating manpages)

Piotr Drąg piotrdrag at gmail.com
Sat Sep 4 14:28:26 UTC 2010

2010/9/4 Richard W.M. Jones <rjones at redhat.com>:
> We've pushed that patch upstream.  This means that libguestfs now has
> two POT files, and therefore needs two components in transifex:
>
> https://translate.fedoraproject.org/projects/p/libguestfs/
>
> The original file is 'po/libguestfs.pot' and the new file is
> 'po-docs/libguestfs-docs.pot' (both on the 'master' branch in git).
>
> So I guess to whomever it is that can change the Fedora transifex
> configuration, can you add the second component please.

I've added it now. [1] You can use Bugzilla for any requests from l10n
team. It's product "Fedora Localization", component "l10n-requests".

I've also noticed an information in the commit description that you
would like to combine these two POT files together in the future. I
don't think this is a good idea because this POT file for docs has
almost 4k strings, and even more because UI and docs translations
always are, and should be, separated.

I would also like to take this opportunity to (yet again) remind you
the fact that submitting translation files by Bugzilla is not
efficient in any terms and try to convince you to use direct commit
option via SSH provided by Transifex. virt-manager and friends use
this for a while and they didn't report any problems so far. You've
got three (sic!) complete translations so far. virt-manager has 16
translations completed in more than 90%.

Anyway, libguestfs is amazing as it is, I would only like it to rock
even more. :)

[1] https://translate.fedoraproject.org/projects/p/libguestfs/c/master-docs/

--
Piotr Drąg