Self-introduction: Igor Oblachko, Russian

Igor Oblachko igobl at mail.ru
Fri Sep 10 20:07:56 UTC 2010

Name: Igor Oblachko

Location: Pavlovsky Posad, Russia

Login: oblachko

Language: Russian

Profession or Student status: Translator/PhD in Germanic languages

About myself: In 2002 I graduated from the Foreign Languages department (English) of the former Barnaul State Pedagogical University and three years later successfully finished my postgraduate studies with a PhD in Germanic languages granted. Since then I've been working as a freelance translator. Among the books I translated there are several TaschenGuide books (DE>RU), several Wiley books (EN>RU) including "The Invisible Employee" and "Leading with Questions" as well as some highly specialized oil&gas projects for the OJSC Rosneft Oil Company, etc. but till now - no IT translations to be found in my portfolio. And I wish there were some as I'm very much interested in various aspects of IT, information security being my favourite. I'm not a very experienced Linux user but my desire to master alternative operation systems and commitment to Open Source software were the impetus for me to participate in Fedora Project. For the time being I'm ready to contribute to the project a
 s a translator/editor because translation is not only my profession but a hobby (better say, a passion) as well. Besides translating documentation and wiki pages, I would also like to localize software which to some extent bridges the gap between users and developers. I hope that my participation will be useful for the community and will give me the chance to broaden my horizons.

GPG fingerprint: