L10N migration to transifex.net

Domingo Becker domingobecker at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 13:11:53 UTC 2011

2011/2/21 Ruediger Landmann <r.landmann at redhat.com>:
> On 02/17/2011 12:43 AM, Zach Oglesby wrote:
>> Over the last few days it has been decided that we are going to move
>> all of Fedora's translation efforts away from a self hosted solution
>> and on to transifex.net.
>
> This decision has greatly saddened and disappointed me. With all respect
> to Dmitris and his team, to me, it seems like Fedora is giving up a key
> part of our infrastructure and our independence.
>
> Therefore, I have obtained permission from my manager to put time and
> resources into packaging Transifex 1.1 for fedoraproject.org. I have
> also had the time and skills of two Red Hat sysadmins allocated to get
> Fedora's own instance of Transifex upgraded and migrated ASAP.

Just for the record, the original idea was the following:

1. update Tx package from 0.7.4 to 0.9.x in order to update t.fp.o instance.
2. update t.fp.o instance to 0.9.x
3. once we have a Tx 0.9.x version successfully running on t.fp.o,
package the new 1.x series.
4. update t.fp.o instance to 1.x series.

Tx 0.9.1 was packaged successfully and tested to work fine at [1], a
staging instance which is still up and running.

The workflow has got stuck in step 2.

If you need it, I may release ownership for EPEL packages too.

kind regards

Domingo Becker