Transifex.net migration may lead to loss of our copyright headers

Mike Hideo mhideo at redhat.com
Sun Feb 27 22:14:08 UTC 2011

On 02/26/2011 09:44 AM, Domingo Becker wrote:
> 2011/2/25 Michael Hideo-Smith<mhideo at redhat.com>:
>> Can a technical person with lovelock checked out grep through po files in all the langs in all the packages and assess how many people and how far back in time this change will impact? that should give us some scope and make a call whether it is convention or procedure.

My apologies, Domingo. I did not adhere to protocol.

I posit that the removal en-mass of copyright notices with translator
dates and names, on the po files, will have an impact on the community.
I posit this as an experienced stakeholder of this project since my
involvement in 2002.

Therefore, I request a motion to the Fedora Localization Steering
Committee that it undertake an assessment of the number of translators
affected by this change and the breadth of alteration of history.

I gently remind the steering committee that one of the roles of
governance is the verification of performance over time.

What is the chair's counsel?

- Mike