Proposal: New Fedora Localization Guide

Dimitris Glezos glezos at indifex.com
Wed Jun 22 13:40:48 UTC 2011

2011/6/22 Misha Shnurapet <shnurapet at fedoraproject.org>:
> There's been a lot of steps that must be taken in order to start contributing.
>
> Could we have something nicer, like:
>
> In order to start contributing you need to:
>
> 1. Become a member of the community
>  * Create a FAS account
>  * Accept the FPCA
> 2. Get access to the material to work on
>  * Create a Transifex account
>  * Sign up for the trans mailing list
>  * Send an introduction
>  * Request entrance to the L10n team

I totally agree we should make it simpler.

On a related topic, technically, nowadays a translator might even not
need to have a FAS account to contribute translations, since the CLA
is needed to join a team. However, this is something outside of the
abilities of L10n. Probably a topic for the logistics list.

> Another thing: are GPG keys really used by translators in any task? I've been contributing for two years and never had a need to use it. Can they skip it please?

If a GPG is not needed to create a FAS account, we can remove those
sections. Feel free to test & remove the section.

-d

--
Dimitris Glezos