Unable to download files from transifex

Dimitris Glezos glezos at indifex.com
Fri Mar 18 14:09:01 UTC 2011

On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 9:01 AM, noriko <noriko at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>>> I am not able to download ABRT and other packages too.
>>> After logged in, clicking the package title, say ABRT, pops up the
>>> window which shows several options. The available options are 'Download
>>> for viewing', 'Viewing strings online' and 'Lock this translation to
>>> notify others you're working with it'. The options grayed out as
>>> unavailable are 'Download for translation', 'Visit language team',
>>> 'Clone to new language' and 'Translate now'. When pointing the cursor on
>>> 'Translate now' button, it says that I need to log in and be a member of
>>> the Japanese team, even I am already logged in and the member of
>>> Japanese team.
>>> I don't see any button or link for uploading...
>>>
>>> What did I overlook?
>>>

>> You have Japanese (Japan) ja_JP team, but all application are for Japanese
>> (ja). Thus Tx.net think that you do not have a team.
>>
>> That's exactly what other teams have with docs (e.g. we do not have uk_UA
>> team, hence cannot translate docs).
>
> Aha! got it. Thank you so much Yuri-san!
> I've just requested 'ja' team. Do every member under 'ja_JP' team needs
> to re-join 'ja' team for software translation once 'ja' created?

You should create the 'ja' team, since this is the language we're
interested in (unless I'm mistaken). Having two teams would be a
burden for you.

We're working on a Tx client feature to make Publican work with the
locales Fedora uses (ja instead of ja-JP which is required by
Publican).

-d

--
Dimitris Glezos