comps headsup: plan to drop langpacks from language-support groups in comps-f17.xml.in

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Fri Sep 9 15:40:02 UTC 2011

написане Fri, 09 Sep 2011 09:50:43 +0300, Ankitkumar Rameshchandra Patel
<ankit at redhat.com>:

> Anybody knows, how to modify the path of message catalogs (i.e.
> /usr/share/locale) dynamically while running an application? I would
> like to use a different mo file rather than the default provided by
> system. Is it possible? If yes, how?

In KDE, translator can compile the translation to
~.kde/share/locale/xx/LC_MESSAGES (preferred over /usr/share/locale)
directly from Lokalize interface (Tools -> Install translation locally).
But it works only for KDE translations.

I am afraid this approach cannot be used generally.

Dynamical changes in gettext catalogs likely immediately crash the
application.