Installation Guide and Installation Quick Start Guide ready for translation

Jack Reed jreed at redhat.com
Fri Feb 1 04:30:05 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

The Installation Guide and Installation Quick Start Guide are now ready
for translation for Fedora 18.

The twist - and the reason for the regrettable delay in making the
translation files available - is that for this release the two guides
have been consolidated into one Zanata project. This is because the
Installation Quick Start Guide is mostly a heavily abbreviated version
of the Installation Guide, with only a small amount of original content.
So to save you translating the same strings twice in different projects,
I've combined them into one git repo and therefore one translation project.

The f18 Zanata project contains all transferable po files from the f17
translations of *both* guides, so your work can simply continue from
there. However, the content for the F18 Quick Start Guide is almost
completely new due to the redesign of the installer for this release.
Nonetheless, I have preserved po files unique to the Quick Start Guide
that do not need to be updated for F18, so those select strings will not
need to be translated again.

The only quirk is that the files required to generate the Quick Start
Guide cannot be marked as such within the Zanata project. Ideally, these
files should be translated first so the Quick Start Guide can be
released at the earliest opportunity.

So I've created a wiki page that lists these files:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Installation_Quick_Start_Guide_files

The link to the Zanata project can be found there too. (The entries for
the guides in the Docs Project guides table [1] now link to this page
instead of straight to the Zanata project.)

If you could work from this list and then let me, trans-list, or
docs-list know when these files are translated, it would be much
appreciated. I can then publish the Quick Start Guide in your language.
If you choose to proceed with the remaining files, you will effectively
then be translating the Installation Guide.

Thanks for your patience, and I hope this consolidation makes the
installation guides a slightly less daunting translation prospect. :)

And thank you for your continuing hard work and dedication in broadening
the reach of these resources, which will likely be in even more demand
due to the redesigned installer.

All the best,

Jack

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs_Project_guides_table