Email-Aliases for new translators

Alick Zhao alick9188 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 03:33:53 UTC 2013

On Tue, 17 Sep 2013 12:13:01 +1000, Noriko Mizumoto wrote:
> (2013年09月17日 03:54), Kévin Raymond wrote:
>
> Yes, this group is a group of translators who had access to
> transifex.fp.org. This group allowed each team coordinator to
> effectively maintain their team members access to their PO files (aka,
> checking fulfilment of the requirement and approving appropriate
> permission can be done one place). Since the move to fedora dot
> transifex.com, this can no longer be applicable.
>

>>> I think that Localization team members should be approved for l10n
>>> Commit Group, since CVS repository is no longer used.
>
> Afaik, being a member of this group will allow a user to edit wiki. So
> it should still be useful somehow.

IIRC we do not need to be in the group to edit wiki pages.  A FAS
account should be sufficient. But a non-cla group will help new
translators to get an email alias, be able to vote, and so on. Maybe the
badge system also uses the group information?

--
Alick
Fedora release 19 (Schrödinger’s Cat) user