OpenGroupware?

Maarten Stolte maarten.stolte at papuaos.org
Wed Oct 15 13:05:21 UTC 2003

Bryan J. Smith wrote:

>I didn't see this brought up yet, but was there any interest in putting
>OpenGroupware in Fedora Core?
>
>If not, is it because of the commercial ZideLook add-on for Outlook?

would not be a good reason, since afaik, it is useable without it for
non-outlook users.
I do think its a weird sort of opensource, seems rather crippled, on
both client- and server-side.
I'd advice to look at Kolab if such a server is to go in; it is much
more open, has closed and open clients, and the only disadvantage I can
think of is that the developers made it for OpenPKG, which means it'd
need to be 'ported' to redhat to some degree.

Maarten