Need help (of course) setting up network

Shelagh Manton oneida at tpg.com.au
Sun Apr 25 19:00:26 UTC 2004

Hello, I am embarking on my big adventure into linux. I installed Fedora
Core 1 and everything seems to be working well, including being able to use
the internet. (Although, I think I stuffed up my firewall settings
yesterday). However I need the help of a kind patient person who can walk
me through our simple 3 computer network setup. I am the only one on Linux,
the other two are on WindowsXP. Mine however is the only computer with
internet access. I have read the various articles on networking and Samba
etc, but somehow it makes no sense without someone in front of me doing the
practical side of things and explaining what is meant. I think I've
understood until I sit down and try to fill in the blanks of the setup guis
provided. I'm sure I've missed somethng simple but I've no idea what it
could be.

Shelagh

"First, do no harm" J.Holt