fedora hosting question
lonnie at neenet.com
Fri Oct 8 18:03:15 UTC 2004
Well, my new Fedora 2 seems to be running great and I have just gotten
my virtual email server set up via qmailrocks which seems to be running
very well on my new system.
I am wanting to learn how to set up am run a linux web hosting service
as an opensource learning project to select some of the best
applications to be included from around the web and using Fedora 2 as
the platform. As I am new to this hosting I am sure not to use the
Could anyone please point me in the write direction to possibly locate
some information on things like:
1. "web based control panels" that maybe similar to Plesk but
opensource so users can control they hosting accounts.
2. Maybe a user registration/admin PHP script or so that they can set
up a basic account on a server
3. Not sure how the domain registration works but I want to learn about
4. I would like to also implement a Dynamic DNS for users with dialup
accounts as well.
5. Will implement things like SAMBA to the users accounts as well as
offering them web, mail, and ftp services
By the way, all of this is to be opensource and free
Anyway, this should be some good learning on how to be a linux hosting
service provider and I hope to get some good guidance from the forum.
Thanks for any help that you might be able to provide.
More information about the users