DL380/G2 Hot plug 72G DAT tape drive not working on

Armbruster, David DArmbruster at ParkerVision.com
Fri Feb 4 13:21:52 UTC 2005

>Armbruster, David wrote:
>> Good Day - I have a Compaq DL380/G2 with a hot plug dat tape drive . The
>> system posts and shows the
>> tape drive which was working under Win3k Svr. When Fedora boots it does
not
>> see the drive.
>
>What kind of interface does this have?
>
>SCSI? USB?
>
>Mogens

Mogens - Its a hot plug SCSI drive connected to the 5i RAID Controller. I
used a little script to engage the scsi once booted but it complains of I/O
errors and offlines the drive. I can pull a status off the drive with mt,
but any attempt to write to the drive and its gone until the next boot time.
Very strange......