Palm Stuff: Can It Be Better?

Piko A. Neal, Jr. pakole at MIT.EDU
Tue Feb 22 03:23:02 UTC 2005

1.  I wanted to know if I could improve the way my system works with my
Palm.

2.  Today, I was able to successfully set it up with Kpilot.  It works
so that as look as Kpilot is open, it will hotsync whenever I press the
button.

3.  Yet, when I use pilot-xfer and jpilot, I have to time the execution
of the syncing from the program after I press the hotsync on the Palm
since the computer generates a /dev/pilot node for it each time it hot
sync, but it will go away once the Palm stoppes trying.

4.  I wanted to know if there was a way to get the /dev/pilot node to
stay, if I could somehow refer to it with something that does stay on my
system, so that pilot-xfer and jpilot are happy without doing some kind
complicated timing procedure each time.

Thanks for whoever help.

Very Respectfully,
Piko A. Neal, Jr.