subversion

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Wed Jun 14 00:08:37 UTC 2006

On Wednesday, June 14, 2006 12:57 AM +0200 Roberto Ragusa
<mail at robertoragusa.it> wrote:

> I wonder if there is some reason not to have a standard /etc/init.d/svn
> script to start and and stop subversion.
> Shouldn't svn be considered a network service just like ftpd, httpd or
> named?
>
> (in my case, I run svnserve on fsfs repositories)

I've always used the DAV module within Apache. I just edited the sample in
/etc/httpd/conf.d/subversion.conf.

Does the Fedora package differ much from the upstream one? If not, I'd
suggest writing an initscript to submit upstream for inclusion in its
package.