FC5, Another unhappy camper

Stephen Mirowski spmirowski at shaw.ca
Sun May 14 00:17:25 UTC 2006

Craig White wrote:

>> I believe, submitting bug reports can be discouraging.  Open source,
>> commercial, whatever.   Look through lists of bug reports, across
>> various projects, that have no responses whatsoever by debuggers or
>> developers.  The submitter is then asking, has anyone even read this?  A
>> simple response such as "I can't reproduce this" is enough of an
>> acknowledgement to show the submitter that their input is valued.
>>
> ----
> did you have an example or is this just a generalized grip with no
> specificity?
>
> Craig

I missed the beginning of this thread, so I probably went OT.  Anyways,
I don't want to go into this too much, as I could write a book on this
topic on my experiences commercial tech support and commerical/foss bug
submitting.

I could be an example.  I do browse other bug reports on projects and
find them unanswered and unassigned.  I have unanswered ones.  I can't
remember if anyone replied to my Nautilus (FC4) bug, but after 9 months
of being up I just deleted/cancelled it. At least it doesn't exist in
FC5.  Rejection and insult if often received when submitting a bug to a
commercial giant.

Stephen