Update error

Mike Cohler mike.cohler at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 09:36:45 UTC 2007

david walcroft <david_walcroft <at> yahoo.com.au> writes:

> Has the audit-libs-python been updated lately as yum is coming up with
> this error :- "Error: Missing Dependency: kernel-headers >= 2.6.18 is
> needed by package audit-libs-python"

I have found that some mirrors are not up to date on all the repos. I had a
similar error with a different package that frustrated me for two days -
eventually I found that the mirror I was using was up to date on the updates
repo but out of date on the extras repo - maybe something similar could be
happening in your case ?

Maybe try changing to a different mirror and see if the updates work (You may
need to do yum clean metadata after changing mirrors before running the updates
again) - if you have set up your own files for updates, extras, livna etc you
may need to change more than one of the repo files?