How to rename a lvm volume group
markus.lindholm at gmail.com
Wed May 16 12:41:16 UTC 2007
I finally managed to get around this, what I did was to
- Power down the system
- Disconnect the internal root disk
- Boot up with a LiveCD (anyone, I just picked F7-test4)
- Connect the external disk over usb
- Now use vgrename to give it a new name
- Power down
- Reconnect the internal root disk of the system.
- Power up again and now you can access the external disk as it is now
longer shadowed by the internal root disk
Quite a hassle to do a simple thing.
Any one knows if there is a fundamental reason why vgrename can't take
UUID as an argument?
More information about the users