How to get Wireless work with Radius server and WPA-TKIP

Mike mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 16:09:13 UTC 2008

Arch Willingham <arch <at> tuparks.com> writes:

> Can anyone shed any light on where to start?

I found that the key was to use wpa_supplicant but it was important to get
the network block in wpa_supplicant.conf correct.  The network block that I
use is:

network={
        ssid="eduroam"
        scan_ssid=1
        proto=WPA RSN
        key_mgmt=WPA-EAP
        eap=PEAP
        pairwise=CCMP TKIP
        identity="myusername at york.ac.uk"
        password="mypassword"
        ca_cert="/etc/pki/tls/cert.pem"
        subject_match="/C=GB/L=York/O=University of York/OU=Computing
Service/OU=Terms of use at www.verisign.co.uk/rpa (c)05/OU=Authenticated by
VeriSign/OU=Member, VeriSign Trust Network/CN=nasaaa1.york.ac.uk"
        phase2="auth=MSCHAPV2"
#        priority=5
}

The radius server that authenticates this seems to the essentially what you are
working with so maybe an analogous block to the above may help?