Root with GUI

Hugh Caley hughc at aldon.com
Thu Apr 15 17:47:33 UTC 2010

I don't know about your desktop, but Gnome in Fedora 12 is not 100%
stable for me.  Imagine if some of those utilities were running as root
... <<shudder>>

(To be fair, I love Gnome and am glad to be using it ... still, it's a
big and difficult software suite; MUCH better if work as root is done
using the more tested and stable non-GUI userland stuff).

IMHO.

Hugh

--
Hugh Caley, Linux Administrator