Clamav

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 19:50:28 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-04-15 at 12:22 -0700, Michael Miles wrote:
> I have removed all and I will wait for proper instruction as I really
> do not know enough about this OS

Given that you say so yourself, the logical question is "why do you need
Clamav"? Clamav is usually installed by people running mail servers for
users who access them from Windows. If all you're doing is reading mail
in Linux, it's extremely unlikely that you even need it. In 35 years of
using first Unix and then Linux, I have yet to see a single virus that
wasn't a proof-of-concept demo.

poc