Packagekit bug icon not disappearing in F11!

mike cloaked mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 12:58:31 UTC 2010

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 1:29 PM, Kelly Dunlop <kelly at xyzzy.org.uk> wrote:

> I'm running F11 and Gnome and sometimes I use yum or if I'm feeling lazy I
> just click on the PackageKit icon and let it do the updates.  Either way
> the icon goes away afterwards.  Sometimes it may take a few minutes because
> PackageKit obviously has to do the equivalent of a yum check-update to see
> what you've updated.   I know this because if do a yum from the command line
> and only update some of the packages and then try immediately to do another
> yum update there is a lock in place.
>
> I think I'd be irritated if it didn't go away because it should allow you
> to use yum in preference to the GUI.

Well interestingly I set the preferences to never check for updates or
major upgrades and to never install and yet it still does pop up so it
must still actually check for updates - I know that I could uninstall
gnome packagekit altogether but it is a bit disconcerting that it
appears to still check for updates when you asked it not to!

--
mike c