EPEL clamav packages

Dan Irwin rummymobile at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 22:46:28 UTC 2010

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 4:59 PM, Felix Schwarz
<felix.schwarz at oss.schwarz.eu> wrote:

> Some also have security impact. Basically the problem is that it is extremly
> hard to provide the ABI/config stability for clamav. Combined with a few
> questionable decisions when it came to packaging + a not-so-active maintainer
> and we have a basically orphaned package in EPEL.

This poses the question, is EPEL the ideal place for clamav when it's
a constantly moving target?

Maybe fedora/epel needs something akin to the debian volatile repo for
things like clamav. (We probably already have this in conceptual terms
from rpmforge)

Regards,

Dan