List of compatible USB-Audio devices

Sam Varshavchik mrsam at courier-mta.com
Mon Aug 9 22:39:57 UTC 2010

http://www.linux-usb.org/USB-guide/x319.html helpfully says:

"USB audio systems such as speakers normally comply with the USB audio class
specification. If your audio device does not comply with the specification,
it will not work with Linux at this time."

Googling doesn't help me finding an up to date list of USB audio hardware
that will play after I plug it in. Can someone share their recommendations
for something that I can plug into my USB port, and show up as a regular
audio device, usable by ALSA, Flash, etc… I need both audio in and audio
out.

Thanks!