printer emits postscript

Michael Hennebry hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Fri Aug 13 02:52:09 UTC 2010

On Wed, 11 Aug 2010, Dale Dellutri wrote:

> Wouldn't it be best to install hplip and then install the printer from that
> interface?
>  http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/about.html

That did the trick.

In my previous efforts,
none of the multiple-choice options involved Photosmart.
I took LaserJet because that was the suggested choice
and nothing else looked any better.

At the moment,
I don't want to open up my printer to anyone else on the internet,
so I told  the installation script no when it mentioned mDNS/Bonjour.
That might change.
If it does, I'll want to avoid letting in the whole world.
One or two IP addresses at a time should be enough.
One prospect is a Linux box on which I am not root.
The other is a Windows XP box on which I am an adminstrator.
Could someone point me at directions on how to go about it.

"Pessimist: The glass is half empty.
Optimist:   The glass is half full.