Java/Firefox craziness

William Case billlinux at rogers.com
Mon Aug 30 21:10:51 UTC 2010

Hi;

Just some clarification and double checking.

I want to use a Canadian government site with Firefox on Fedora 13.  I
get the warning message that I need Sun JVM 1.6.0_3 or greater.  There
is nothing in the repositories that I can see resembling Sun JVM.
Apparently I can download and install from Sun, but I get messages that
no new updates are being made available.

Before frustration overtakes me and I start downloading unknown and
unneeded stuff.  What exactly do I want and where should I get it?

(Irony => the site isn't working in WindowsXP  Explorer either)

--
Regards Bill
Fedora 13, Gnome 2.30.2