from 13 to 14

stan gryt2 at q.com
Sun Dec 12 15:14:12 UTC 2010

On Sun, 12 Dec 2010 22:49:14 +0800
xinyou yan <yxy.716 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I just choose  13 upgrade to 14  when i use the dvd
>
> However , when i login I can't connect to the Internet
>
> the    ifconfig          just show the  message of     " l0 "
>
> Does  fedora 14 can't  know my decives  of  NIC ?

I use the network service instead of the default Network Manager, so I
might not be the best person to answer this.  In network, you could try
from the command line as root the command   ifup eth0   .  For
network manager, bring up the network application that your gui
uses.  Tell it to restart the network.

If you are using wireless, it is possible that you need some firmware
that has been updated for f14.

In general, F14 should take care of this automatically.  If you look
in /var/log/messages after the boot, do you see any error messages
generated  while booting up?