A very simple query

Parshwa Murdia b330bkn at gmail.com
Sun Dec 19 16:39:56 UTC 2010

On Sun, Dec 19, 2010 at 8:17 PM, Robert G. (Doc) Savage <dsavage at peaknet.net
> wrote:

Parshwa,

> Welcome to the fast-paced, ever-evolving world of Fedora. As you are
> about to discover, Fedora doesn't really lend itself to hard copy books
> for learning. If someone takes the trouble to write documentation
> suitable for a book, submits it to a publisher, goes through a couple of
> rounds of editing, proofs, and so on, almost a year will have passed. By
> the time that book appears on store shelves, two newer major versions of
> Fedora will have been released.
>
> You will be far better off to download and install the current Fedora
> 14. Then browse http://docs.fedoraproject.org/ for documentation. Use
> that documentation to learn as you go. You'll learn that most Fedora
> utilities and applications have brief on-line manuals ("man pages").
> Join a Linux User's Group (LUG). In 6-12 months you should learn enough
> to install and use Fedora by yourself.
>
> Again, welcome.
>
> --Doc Savage

Thanks man. But in fact, I was already having the system with partly
installed Fedora 11 and earlier I had some problems which I discussed too
but the main thing is that I get less time to work on Fedora (which is apart
from my job) but still I like this world of Fedora, yes always evolving!

--

Regards,
Parshwa Murdia