Not able to scale the cpu-frequency

Martin Haug martinhaug at piratenpartei.de
Mon Dec 27 12:16:24 UTC 2010

Hello,
I got a problem with my (more or less) fresh Fedora 14 installation: The
cpufrequency stays at 1Ghz all the time, even with high cpu usage. I'm
also not able to scale the frequency manually using the applet cpu
scaling inside gnome (If I try this, nothing happens).
The interessting thing about this problem is, that it works ca. 30
minutes after (re)boot, then something crashes and the decribed problem
arises.
I attached a few infos, if you need anything else, please ask.
Thanks in advance
icehawk