window autoraise after gaining focus in Gnome shell

Sam Varshavchik mrsam at courier-mta.com
Wed Dec 29 00:02:19 UTC 2010

Is anyone else seeing problems in Gnome shell with the configuration setting
that autoraises a window after it gains focus (this is used together with
the option to have a window gain focus automatically when the pointer moves
after it).

Not all the time, but sometimes only some portion of the window gets redrawn
on top. I have to either click, drag, or type in the window for it to get
redrawn, on top, in its entirety. That's as best as I can describe what I'm
seeing.

This started happening some time recently. I use nouveau on NV4x. First I
thought that a kernel update broke something, but reverting to the older
kernel did not help.

The annoyance level has finally crossed the threshold for me to switch back
to Compiz.