Help! - F12 Nvidia boot errors

Gary Waters ganana at videotron.ca
Wed Feb 17 21:42:53 UTC 2010

On 02/17/2010 04:13 PM, Steven I Usdansky wrote:
> Here's how I do it:
> 1. Manually run the nvidia driver installer
> 2. (as root:) modprobe nvidia

Yes, I did all that and still got the eror messages. Now I installed the
kmod driver as per the instrcutions here:

  http://fedorasolved.org/video-solutions/nvidia-yum-kmod

Now I get this error message at the login screen:

enabling the nvidia driver: /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions: line 520: 1069
segementation fault "$@"

I also noticed that the kmod driver does not see my asus LCD screen. It
says unknown. Despite the errors with the nvidia manual install, it did
identify the screen and I could adjust digital brightness, sharpness, etc...

Would it be possible the error messages in the warning triangle at the
bottom right of the login screen are simply a fact of life for everybody
not using nouveau?