F14 wallpapers, request for feedback and submissions

Jef van Schendel jefvanschendel at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 18:09:01 UTC 2010

Hi everyone,

There's two things about Fedora 14's wallpaper I'd like to talk to you about!

~ Number 1: Fedora 14 default wallpaper ~

Recently the Design Team chose what will in time become the default
Fedora 14 wallpaper. Obviously, we'd love to hear what the community
thinks about it!

Máirín Duffy blogged [1] about the new wallpaper. This is only a very
early version and we're still working on it, but in order to do this
right we want to know what everyone thinks. If you any suggestions,
comments, questions or other feedback, feel free to leave a message
behind on the blog post or here on the mailing list! The team will
collect all of your feedback and review it to improve the wallpaper.
Eventually you'll see it appear in the F14 Alpha.

~ Number 2: Fedora 14 supplemental wallpapers ~

The default wallpaper is important, but there's no accounting for
taste and that's why we have a number of supplemental wallpapers in
new releases. If you're a photographer or illustrator with a knack for
creating wallpapers (or know someone who is!), head over to Fabian
Scherschel's blog [2], where he explains how you can submit your
images for the upcoming release. Maybe you'll see your own pictures
appear in the next Fedora release! :)

Naturally, we'd like as many people as possible to know about this and
give them a chance to show off their work, so feel free to spread the
word by blogging, denting or tweeting away.

The deadline for the supplemental wallpapers is Thursday, August 19,
so be sure to send them in before then!

I'm looking forward to hearing what all of you think, and hope to
collect some great supplemental wallpapers. If you have any questions,
drop by on the #fedora-design IRC channel where the Design Team hangs
out.

Let's make F14 look beautiful!

Jef

[1] http://mairin.wordpress.com/2010/07/13/fedora-14-theme-preview/