Chromium by default?

Valent Turkovic valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 08:24:41 UTC 2010

In the latest release [1] of Community Fedora Remix (yes, we are
looking for a new name [2]) some flack we got was due to having
duplicate apps; two browsers and two email clients.

How about switching to Chromium only in our next release?

Are there some pitfalls that would prevents us from doing so? The
biggest issue currently is that Chromium is still not in Fedora repos
(read why [3]) but Tom releases great quality packages and all his
releases were rock solid so far.

Chrome/Chromium browser has more than 70 million users[3], much more
than Fedora itself, for me that proves it is a good and stable
browser. I have been using latest versions of Chromium for past few
months, and I have great experience with it. I use both Firefox and
Chromium, but it looks like most people would like to have just one.

Please post your comments here or in our mailing list and cast your
vote here: http://polldaddy.com/poll/3283626/

[1] http://fcoremix.wordpress.com/2010/05/25/lucky-13/
[2] http://fcoremix.wordpress.com/2010/05/30/fedora-remix-name-brainstorm/
[3] http://ostatic.com/blog/making-projects-easier-to-package-why-chromium-isnt-in-fedora