Ugly little hand

kalinix calin.kalinix.cosma at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 08:32:52 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-06-02 at 08:56 +0100, Frank Murphy wrote:

> On 02/06/10 08:52, kalinix wrote:
> --snip--
> >
> > It's system specific, since I had it on KDE. I changed it from System
> > settings->Computer administration->Keyboard and mouse->Mouse->Cursor theme.
> >

> > It ought be a simper way though, like changing a parameter in a text file.
> >
> You can do: (but you might end up with something uglier)
> yum info */cursor-theme* should give you a list of alternates.
>
> yum erase dmz\* (the little hand, it's from opensuse)
>
> Installed Packages
> Name       : dmz-cursor-themes
> Arch       : noarch
> Version    : 0.4
> Release    : 3.fc13
> Size       : 6.2 M
> Repo       : installed
> >From repo  : anaconda-InstallationRepo-201005130056.i386
> Summary    : X cursors themes
> URL        : http://jimmac.musichall.cz/themes.php?skin=7
> License    : CC-BY-SA
>

> --
> Regards,
>
> Frank Murphy
> UTF_8 Encoded
> Friend of Fedora

Hehe, found it:

for system-wide is in /usr/share/icons/default/index.theme

mine reads:

[Icon Theme]
Inherits=dmz-aa

which is that ugly little black hand

As I changed it to dmz, I found 'cursorTheme=dmz'
in .kde/share/config/kcminputrc (I'm a KDE user)

I knew it has to be a file   :D

--

Calin

Key fingerprint = 37B8 0DA5 9B2A 8554 FB2B 4145 5DC1 15DD A3EF E857