F13: screensaver problem after upgrade from F12

Kevin T. Likes kevin.likes at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 20:57:33 UTC 2010

I recently upgraded from F12 to F13 using preupgrade.  Everything seemed to
go well, except for one problem I think I've traced to the screensaver.

When I lock the screen now at the console, I get logged  out of my
session after a short period of time (a few minutes) .  My first thought was
that maybe one of the screensavers was bad, so I went to change that one I
was using, but as soon as I selected another one (not even having to hit
preview), I get logged out, although it does seem the selection is changed.
 I tried unlocking immediately, and it works.  If I unlock the screen after
a couple of minutes, but before the unwanted logout, the screen just goes
black, and I can't get in. The system is still running, though, since I can
get in via SSH.

I do see in /var/log/messages that is looks like Xorg is coredumping, but I
don't see anything to indicate why.

Has anyone else had this trouble?