Adobe releases 32-bit Flash update for Linux

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 14:19:30 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-06-16 at 08:55 -0500, Robert G. (Doc) Savage wrote:
> This security update has just been released:
>
> http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/thankyou/?installer=Flash_Player_10.1_for_Linux_(.rpm)
>
> This will download flash-plugin-10.1.53.64-release.i386.rpm. I don't yet
> know how stable this will be with 64-bit Fedora or other Linux
> distributions.

I got this a few days ago via yum (I recommend using the Adobe repo for
this stuff, so you don't have to check it manually). It seems to work
for the most part, except that yesterday I tried "full-screen" on a BBC
live video feed and was left looking at a static picture, with sound,
but with no way of exiting Flash other than killing it from a console.
So it's buggy (Film at 11!)

poc