Another funny update?

Marcel Rieux m.z.rieux at gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 22:18:50 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 11:54 PM, Dennis Gilmore <dennis at ausil.us> wrote:

> On Tuesday, June 22, 2010 05:34:05 pm Marcel Rieux wrote:
> > As a simple user, I'm not in a position to fight RPMFusion. So, if the
> > Nouveau developers don't want to provide instructions on how to install
> > Nouveau when NVIDIA is installed, people like Dennis Gilmore  will find
> the
> > hard way what "fight[ing] a tough battle" really means.
>
> Why are you attacking me for?

I'm not attacking you, I'm stating a very plain fact. If RPMfusion says
"Sure, we'll help you move from Nouveau to NIVDIA" and, when people want to
come back to Nouveau, Nouveau developers answer "Ah, you fucked up your
system? Good luck!" the people who adopted the NVIDIA module will be stuck
with a one way ticket. And, whatever happens with Nouveau, some people will
always want to try the module provided by NVIDIA.

I don't know where RPMFsion stands on this issue, but they might not want to
make your life easier by providing instructions on how to remove their blob.
So, what I'm saying is that it's for you to decide if you want to make your
battle tougher with one way tickets to NVIDIA.