Resizing LVM-formatted partitions

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 12:57:53 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 1:19 AM, Kevin J. Cummings
<cummings at kjchome.homeip.net> wrote:
> I've punted LVM, and I've punted /boot on all of my computers (I don't
> need/want either of them).  That's 1 desktop, 1 laptop, and 1 server.

I still like having a separate boot partitions for a couple of
reasons. Although it's mounted, having on a separate partition
provides a little security from something happening to the root
filesystem, such a a full disk scenario or rogue process screwing up
the file system.

Also, I keep an image of  System Rescue CD, MHDD, and memtest86 on my
/boot with menu entries in GRUB which can be handy. I went ahead when
I upgraded to F13 and made it 1GB, on modern disks it doesn't cost
much.

Richard