fedora 12 KVM virtulization question

mantra UNIX unix.mantra at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 16:03:48 UTC 2010

Roberto,

Is the feature present in your CPU? (/proc/cpuinfo)
YES

Is it not disabled in the BIOS? (/var/log/messages)
Its enabled in BIOS

Do you have the right module loaded? (lsmod)
kvm shows up in the list

Are you sure you should not run qemu-kvm instead of qemu?
I tried qemu-kvm with same results.

Regards.

On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 2:42 AM, Roberto Ragusa <mail at robertoragusa.it>wrote:

> mantra UNIX wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I have a laptop dual booting "Windows XP" and "Fedora 12".
> >
> > I would like to boot "Windows XP" from inside "Fedora 12" using the KVM
> > virtulization feature.
> >
> > I am using the following command and it works, but very very slow, takes
> > long time to even get the login screen, any ideas ...
> >
> >     # qemu  /dev/sda
>
> Are you sure you are using the hardware virtualization feature?
> In particular:
>
> Is the feature present in your CPU? (/proc/cpuinfo)
> Is it not disabled in the BIOS? (/var/log/messages)
> Do you have the right module loaded? (lsmod)
> Are you sure you should not run qemu-kvm instead of qemu?
>
> Best regards.
> --
>   Roberto Ragusa    mail at robertoragusa.it
> --