F12: gparted & mtab

Daniel B. Thurman dant at cdkkt.com
Mon Mar 8 17:35:34 UTC 2010

Has anyone seen the following entries in /etc/mtab:

/etc/pki/dnssec-keys /var/named/chroot/etc/pki/dnssec-keys none rw,bind 0 0
/etc/rndc.key /var/named/chroot/etc/rndc.key none rw,bind 0 0
/usr/lib/bind /var/named/chroot/usr/lib/bind none rw,bind 0 0

These entries was discovered when I was using gparted
to view the partitions of my drives and I noticed for my
F12 drive/partition, gparted was showing the following
under the 'Mount Point' column:

/, /var/named/chroot/etc/pki/dnssec-key,
    /var/named/chroot/etc/rndc.key,
    /var/named/chroot/usr/lib/bind

It used to show only '/' before, but now gparted
shows this annoying line.

If I do a 'umount -a' followed by a 'mount -a'
the "problem" goes away...

So, what gives?